Homemade baby shower favors ideas are the perfect way to thank your guests for joining in your celebration. A favor is meant to be a small gift of appreciation for your guests. There are many beautiful ready-made items to choose from but shower gifts that you made yourself show your guests your appreciation for their thoughtfulness. It doesn’t take a lot of money or time to give your guests a special keepsake that they can enjoy.
When choosing homemade baby shower favors ideas you should consider the following:
- What type of shower you are planning – formal or casual?
- Is there is a theme, such as teddy bears or butterflies? You can match the favors to the theme.
- Do all the guests have a common interest, such as cooking or gardening? Use that interest for baby shower favors.
- Consider how much you want to spend before you start your project.
Here are a few ideas that are easy to prepare:
- Gift Baskets – Buy inexpensive small decorative baskets, add a layer of brightly colored shred to the bottom, and fill with bath soaps, coffee and tea, or candles and potpourri. Wrap with tulle or cellophane and tie with decorative ribbon.
- Decorative Favor Boxes – fill with homemade candies, cookies, or mints. Many varieties of favor boxes themed for baby showers are available at craft or party supply stores.
- Candles wrapped in tulle, tied with decorative ribbon and a themed charm such as a pacifier or a safety pin.
You can add a special touch to the favors with personalized tags. Several companies online offer inexpensive gift tags that can be personalized with the date and mom or baby’s name.
Even if you do not have the time to make homemade favors you can still give your guests a meaningful and fun gift. There are many cute and unique varieties of favors to fit just about any party theme that are available online and from party supply stores.
Whether you choose to make your own baby shower favors or buy ready-made ones your guests will be thankful for these small tokens of appreciation.